Work With Us
We are always looking for new talent at Scott Fleary. If you are passionate about creative services and think you would make a good addition to our team, we would love to hear from you!
If you are a draughtperson or you are skilled in fabrication, CNC, carpentry, project management, engineering, please send in your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a confident and positive individual with scenic, construction or other relevant industry experience to lead our Painting and Finishing department in the preparation, painting, spraying and finishing of scenic elements in wood, steel, plastics and associated materials. The varied nature of projects undertaken by Scott Fleary offers the right candidate a place to demonstrate their ability by working with a highly skilled and experienced team in delivering projects to time, target and budget.
With a thorough, resourceful and collaborative style the ideal candidate will be able to prioritise, effectively plan and oversee the departmental workflow whilst working with potentially competing deadlines. You will be able display a high standard of painting and finishing yourself and in managing a small team you will need to be able to delegate and be an effective communicator to enable the best quality work in others.
It will be your responsibility to keep maintain suitable stock levels and to ensure all machinery used is kept in good and safe working order. You will have a good knowledge of COSSH and the safe use of substances and have a strong understanding of and adherence to the H&S requirements of the working environment.
To lead the Department in painting and finishing scenic elements in wood, steel, plastics and associated materials.
- To effectively plan and oversee departmental workflow with potentially competing deadlines.
- High quality priming, painting, spraying of scenic elements for self and others.
- Correct preparation and mixing of paints and other materials.
- Identify stock / project material requirements in advance.
- Maintain paint department equipment in good working order with regular servicing of machinery.
- To identify shortfalls in the department e.g. training / H&S.
- To prepare for site in co-ordination with Site Lead and Project Office.
- Oversee and manage small team and maintain high staff morale.
- Identify and implement departmental environment and sustainability improvements.
The right candidate should display:
- Scenic, construction industry or other relevant industry experience in paint finishing, including lacquering.
- Familiarity with COSSH and safe use of substances.
- The ability to be resourceful and offer solutions / new techniques.
- Excellent and varied communication and inter-personal skills.
- Team player, organised and calm under pressure, ability to delegate and to prioritise.
- Confidence with manual handling techniques.
Please send your cv and covering message to email@example.com
Please Note: The company reserves the right to make changes to the list of normal duties or other responsibilities to be undertaken from time to time. However, when it is considered necessary or appropriate by management you may be required to carry out any other duties considered within your skill and competence to assist the smooth running of the business. Such duties should be undertaken without risk to his/her own health and safety and the health and safety of others. In line with this policy, you will be required to undertake duties in addition to your normal duties as the need arises.